In My Right Mind

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Universal City, Texas, United States

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Tea Party Wisdom

Tonight, I watched a re-run of Friday's Glen Beck show on the Fox News Network. Apart from the value of hearing from "real Americans", and apart from the media and politicians, I am pleased to share the following two tidbits.

There was a person on the show that is scheduled to be on Glen Beck's program on Monday night, (whose name escapes me, I apologize), who made the following statement:
This is the first time in my life that I have witnessed people like those in this audience who really understand the Founding Fathers' case. If, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson were in the audience tonight, they would immediately recognize the people that were worth fighting for in the Revolutionary War. If they were also, allowed to witness our modern day media, they would instantly recognize in them, the very people they were fighting against. [this is a paraphrase of course.]

Later in the same program, Judge Neopalitano, quoted Thomas Jefferson, (another great moment which goes along the lines:) When the people are in fear of the government, that's tyranny. When the government is in fear of the people, that's liberty.

I find these two examples invigorating!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindee said...

Curtis and I attended the local gathering of like minded patriots. I didn't see any nutcases, just good 'ole boys and girls fed up with the system. :)

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home