In My Right Mind

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Universal City, Texas, United States

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Happy Veterans Day

Today is a very important day for Americans. Next to July 4 it is one of the most important days. Today is Veterans Day. It is a day set aside for us to pause and reflect on the many sacrifices of life and limb American soldiers have given since July 4, 1776 to ensure our great nation is protected.

It is very difficult to take in the extreme sacrifice and loss that so many soldiers, and their families for that matter, have given for our country. One can generally imagine it, but it is too much to fully grasp all of it. Thanks to them, I am able to blog here, and speak my mind without fear of the government crashing down my door and arresting me.

We Americans love our freedom. So, to the veterans out there, and to the currently serving military men and women of this great country: I would like to extend a deeply felt thank you for all you do for us. You are our heroes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home