In My Right Mind

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Universal City, Texas, United States

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Friday, September 30, 2005

Shameful Sheehan vs A Good American Parent

Conservative columnist, Larry Elder included a letter sent to him from a father who lost his son in Iraq in his column found here. Compare the integrity and patriotism of this good American to the hate-filled, anti-American, drivel spewing out of the left’s favorite loon of the moment, Cindy Sheehan:

Larry,

I was a philosophy professor; I am a former Marine; I am a conservative; and I am absolutely furious at Cindy Sheehan.

Why is this woman receiving the attention she is getting? Why is the media giving this woman the opportunity to profligately disseminate an obviously radical left-wing platform when there are those of us who are experiencing the same loss of a child killed in Iraq, and yet we don't get the opportunity to appear before thousands of people to share our thoughts and platforms? Is it because they support her and yet can't express the same views without losing credibility?

I didn't vote for the president in the 2000 election. I didn't trust his politics. When he was elected in 2004, he was my choice only as a protest vote. . . . Yet after 9/11 (I am a former New Yorker), I thought he demonstrated that he was a leader. When he decided to fight terrorism abroad, I was encouraged. My son then decided to enlist in the Army. As a former Marine, I couldn't oppose him, yet I wanted him to wait until the heat of the conflict passed. He refused; he was resolute; he wanted to go.

My understanding is that Mrs. Sheehan's son volunteered three times, including the mission that finally took his life. My son didn't volunteer for the mission that took his life. Her son was killed in the line of duty and should receive all honors that go with that sacrifice. My son was killed (28 Jan 05) protecting the Iraqi people during the preparation leading up to the elections in Iraq. My son died four days shy of his 21st birthday, and he was killed by friendly fire.

Now let me ask you, who has more of a right to go barnstorming around the country vilifying the president than I? Friendly fire, Larry. How dare she insult and degrade the memory of her son, my son and all the men and women killed there by her shameless politicking! I understand better than most the depth, breadth, width and length of her grief at the loss of a child. I am reminded every day of his loss; I miss him more than words could ever express. I, however, would never dishonor him or others by a selfish, self-serving display of radical politics wrapped in false pain.

I carry a unit pin from the 25th infantry division with me constantly, as a reminder of my son's service. I wear his dog tags along with mine as reminder of his sacrifice. Every time I see Mrs. Sheehan I cry out of anger, rage, disappointment and frustration at the dishonor she has levied on those who have fallen.

My son Stephen (pronounced Steven) Castellano, and dare I say all others who have died providing for the freedom of Iraq people, deserves better. . . .

By the way, I supported the president in his decision -- and still do.

Sincerely, Paul A. Castellano

If anyone has any right to rage against President Bush for the loss of his son, it would be Mr. Castellano. After all, his son died due to the incompetence that resulted in “friendly fire.” But, being the great American that he is, he refuses to do so.

Cindy, on the other hand, has no real case. She needs to crawl back under the rock she came out of and just, well… shut up. Not only is it embarrassing watching a mother disgrace her own son’s memory, it’s also unbearably outrageous having to listen to her anti-American diatribes.

On second thought, forget returning to that rock she crawled out of, it would be much better if she would just get out of this country and take the communist organizations that support her, (International A.N.S.W.E.R., MoveOn.org, The World Worker’s Party et al.) with her.

Oh, and no press conference as she leaves please. Those of us, who love and respect our country, whether or not we agree with its President, have seen and heard enough of Saint Cindy’s “over 15 minutes of fame”.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Yes, Clay, it's amazing that so many parents who's sons died in less "voluntary" circumstance (although they are all volunteers) support the President and the war in Iraq, while "Saint" Cindy, the "a-peace-ment" mom - whose son volunteered 3 times (enlisting twice and volunteering for the rescue mission on which he died) gets a bully pulpit from the liberal "mainstream" media.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home