In My Right Mind

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Universal City, Texas, United States

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 12, 2007

Now This Is The Way Business Phones Should Be Answered!

A good friend of mine sent this piece to me. I have no idea who wrote it, but it is spot on.

Rules for the phone.

How ALL business phones SHOULD be answered!

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Since Jesus didn't speak English, we can dismiss him. He was a rag-head anyway.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Clay said...

Jay,

What's with the racist, perjorative? Shouldn't tolerant liberals like you know better.

Oh and by the way, Jesus wasn't an Arab. He was a 1rst Century Palestinian Jew. Just in case you didn't know.

Dismiss Jesus? Not me. It sounds like you have.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I guess I'm not up on my bigotry lables. Thanks for correcting me.

BTW....Jew is a 19th century term. He was a Hebrew in Roman occupied Galilee.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

"BTW....Jew is a 19th century term. He was a Hebrew in Roman occupied Galilee."

Wrong. Martin Luther referred to them as Jews, and he certainly didn't live in the 19th century.

"I guess I'm not up on my bigotry lables. Thanks for correcting me."

It's strange that a liberal wouldn't be up on not being politically correct, but you're welcome.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Oh my. I would imagine that Luther would have spoken German, and probably said Jude, which is from the Latin word Judaean, referring to a group of people from...what for it....Judaea. A rough transliteration of the Hebrew spelling of Judaea in English would be Jew...which was first used in literature around the 19th century.

Dang....doncha just hate coming across somebody educated in religion?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

If bickering over a miniscule point, (use of the word jew vice Hebrew), is what you call being educated in Religion, sorry, but I'm not impressed.

After all, you started off by confusing Jesus with being an arab via your use of a perjorative that is typically used to denigrate arabs.

Educated in Religion?

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home